Downdog on a full stomach doesn't sound so appealing, but stomach grumbling doesn't feel so great either! Give your body the nutrition it craves to fuel up but don't over do it. Hungry before yoga but not sure what to have before class? Here are a few tips. Avoid any foods that are high in fat and anything spicy before working out to avoid feeling sluggish and getting an upset stomach. It’s also extremely important to make sure you stay hydrated as well.
1. A Banana and Yogurt
2. Sprouted Grain Bread with a Tablespoon of your favorite nut butter
3. A Dried Fruit and Nut Bar
4. A Small Green Smoothie
5. Oatmeal or Quinoa With Berries
6. Cup of green tea + 2 scrambled egg whites on the side
7. Simple smoothie containing 1 date, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, and a dash of cinnamon.
8. Dried fruits like apricots are good; they’re low in acidity and the natural sugars will help give you energy